TRAUMA EDUCATION AND CONSULTATION SERVICES, INC.
ABOUT OUR FOUNDER
DR. DENICE COLSON
I’m Denice Colson, the founder and primary trainer for TECS. I’ve worked in the field of counseling for 38 years. I have a passion for helping people heal from trauma and teaching, training, and mentoring other counselors as they facilitate healing in their clients' lives. I am married and have 3 daughters and a dog. I am a licensed professional counselor in the state of Georgia, a Master Addiction Counselor, and a Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor.
Since 1996, TECS has been offering training, coaching, consulting, and supervision specifically focused on trauma and recovery. Our founder, Denice Colson, has offered training in Texas, Georgia, and at various conferences around the US. Some of my previous presentations include:
• AACC, Nashville, 2017
• ADACBGA Conference Atlanta, 2016
• Georgia School of Addiction Studies 2015
• GACA Fall Confernce 2014 and 2015
• ADACBGA Conference Atlanta, 2014 and 2015
• Georgia DBHDD DUI Workshops 2013 and 2014
• Drug, DUI and Mental Health Court Conference, 2008
• Skyland Trail, Atlanta, GA, 2008
• A Poster Session, ISTSS-D Conference, Philadelphia, PA, 2007
• LPCA Regional Workshop, 2007
• LPCA Master Therapist Series, Mercer University, October 28 & 29, 2005.
• American Association of Christian Counselors International Conference, Nashville, TN, 2005.
• Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia, Peachtree City, GA, 2005.
• AACC Marriage Leaders Summit, Washington, D.C., 2005
• Pre-conference and main conference workshops, AACC Philadelphia Summit, Philadelphia, PA, 2004.
• American Association of Christian Counselors Conference, Nashville, TN, 2003.
• American Association of Christian Counselors Super Conference, Atlanta, GA, 2002
• Henry County Schools Counselors, Psychologists and Social Workers, 2001
• Certification Workshops (40 hrs) in Metro-Atlanta, Georgia area: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005; Houston, Texas: 1997.
• Poster Presentation, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, Atlanta, GA 1997.
• Numerous trauma and ethics presentations, Houston, Texas 1990-1997.