TRAUMA EDUCATION AND CONSULTATION SERVICES, INC.
ABOUT OUR FOUNDER
DR. DENICE COLSON
I’m Denice Colson, the founder and primary trainer for TECS. I’ve worked in the field of counseling for 38 years. I have a passion for helping people heal from trauma and teaching, training, and mentoring other counselors as they facilitate healing in their clients' lives. I am married and have 3 daughters and a dog. I am a licensed professional counselor in the state of Georgia, a Master Addiction Counselor, and a Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor.
Since 1996, TECS has been offering training, coaching, consulting, and supervision specifically focused on trauma and recovery. Our founder, Denice Colson, has offered training in Texas, Georgia, and at various conferences around the US. Some of my previous presentations include:
• AACC, Nashville, 2017
• ADACBGA Conference Atlanta, 2016
• Georgia School of Addiction Studies 2015
• GACA Fall Confernce 2014 and 2015
• ADACBGA Conference Atlanta, 2014 and 2015
• Georgia DBHDD DUI Workshops 2013 and 2014
• Drug, DUI and Mental Health Court Conference, 2008
• Skyland Trail, Atlanta, GA, 2008
• A Poster Session, ISTSS-D Conference, Philadelphia, PA, 2007
• LPCA Regional Workshop, 2007
• LPCA Master Therapist Series, Mercer University, October 28 & 29, 2005.
• American Association of Christian Counselors International Conference, Nashville, TN, 2005.
• Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia, Peachtree City, GA, 2005.
• AACC Marriage Leaders Summit, Washington, D.C., 2005
• Pre-conference and main conference workshops, AACC Philadelphia Summit, Philadelphia, PA, 2004.
• American Association of Christian Counselors Conference, Nashville, TN, 2003.
• American Association of Christian Counselors Super Conference, Atlanta, GA, 2002
• Henry County Schools Counselors, Psychologists and Social Workers, 2001
• Certification Workshops (40 hrs) in Metro-Atlanta, Georgia area: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005; Houston, Texas: 1997.
• Poster Presentation, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, Atlanta, GA 1997.
• Numerous trauma and ethics presentations, Houston, Texas 1990-1997.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Trauma Education and Consultation Services (TECS) is committed to assisting professional counselors in their professional development.
Our goals are 1. To provide quality continuing education for counselors that moves the field of counseling forward by challenging individual providers to increase their skills, especially in working with survivors of trauma and 2. To advance the science of counseling by building on theories and practices that are shown to assist clients in recovering from various mental/behavioral illnesses resulting from trauma both childhood and adult onset.
Spirituality: When spirituality is a part of a particular training, that will be noted in the description, therefore participants are encouraged to make an informed choice.
Refund Policy: TECS maintains the right to cancel an offered course for any reason and, upon this cancellation, will refund the entire registration amount. If the trainee wishes to cancel or is not able to attend an event for which they registered, they may transfer the registration to another qualified party or may apply the unused amount to a future training within the following 12 months.
Confidentiality: TECS maintains the confidentiality of training participants and maintains records of CE events based on the requirements of the boards for whom we are contracted to provide CEs.
Disputes: Should a dispute arise regarding training, it is the policy to use mediation when necessary to resolve these disputes recognizing that trainees are consumers with consumer rights. In mediation, it is TECS intent to follow our training policies as stated in this document.
Certification: While we offer certification in the Strategic Trauma and Abuse Recovery System, this is not a certification in counseling. We expect participants to have a separate certification in counseling or pastoral care that complies with the laws of their state. We are not licensing people. You must practice the STAR System at your own risk.
Attendance: You must attend the entire workshop to receive CEs. You may not attend partial workshops on different days or dates to receive credit for CEs.